Let’s be honest, exercising at home is a better experience than going to a gym. First off, the equipment is right in your home so you won’t have to drive to the gym to complete your workout. Second, you won’t have to continue to pay for a gym membership. By investing in a few pieces of exercise equipment in your home you can get a great workout day after day.
Stationary bikes are a great exercise for people who have trouble running or walking on a treadmill or can’t walk outdoors. You can get a great workout without abusing your knees and legs.
Stationary bikes can be a great investment in your health, but how do you know which is best for you? There are many to choose from and not all stationary bikes are created equal.
We have a list of the Best Selling Stationary bikes that should make shopping for a stationary bike much easier.
Tips to help you buy a stationary bike
When buying a stationary bike really focus on the features you are looking for and not trying to spend money on features you don’t care about or won’t use. Just like a car, stationary bikes have a good deal of options, but that doesn’t mean you will end up using them.
Type of Resistance
The two types of resistance when it comes to a stationary bike are magnetic and fan resistance. Magnetic resistance is the quietest form of resistance and by design will usually take up less space in your workout room. Fan resistance bikes will be a little bigger, but some people do prefer the breeze that fan resistance provides when working out. In addition, fan resistance is resistance that comes from your own speed.
A Comfortable Seat
Every time I hear someone talk about a stationary bike comfort is normally the first thing they mention. If everytime, you sit down to work out it hurts your butt, you won’t work out. Look for a stationary bike with extra padding and an adjustable back. That will allow you to work out in comfort.
Stats Display & extra features
Some stationary bikes give you more stats tracking options than others. To some, it’s important to keep track of all their workout stats and others don’t care either way. In addition, do you like cup holders or a desk platform? Some stationary bikes have these extra convenience options while others don’t. Again, if having a cup holder is important to you then make sure you buy a stationary bike with extra options to make working out more comfortable for you.
Additional Tips when Buying a Stationary Bike
- Stay within your budget
- Keep your fitness goals in mind
- How much space do you have in your workout room
- Make sure the Stationary Bike you like has the extra features that are important to you.
The Best Stationary Bikes
- WEIGHT CAPACITY: Up to 300 lbs. Intended to be used on the hard flat floor.
- SEATING COMFORT: Large seat cushion for people of any size, easily adjustable to fit anywhere from 5'3 inch to 6'1 inch users. HEART RATE: Hand Pulse Monitor
- Please tighten the Screws/Bolts to avoid noise during pedaling;Fitness Goal:Increase Cardio, Lose Weight. The bike will fold to at least ½ the size as when fully assembled, so it is uniquely compact
- COMPACT DESIGN: Folds for storage and can moved with the included transportation wheels
- TENSION RESISTANCE: An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system, allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more difficult workout. Refer to the manual for troubleshooting steps of Tension system malfunctioning.
- STEP-THROUGH DESIGN - Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated finish, the step-through design allows maximum mobility during training for quick mounting and dismounting that is created easier for the knees and back.
- EIGHT RESISTANCE LEVELS - This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of resistance. The tension knobs control the difficulty to simulate riding on different terrains and customize your workout according to fitness level! EASY-TO-
- READ COMPUTER SCREEN - The ultra-functional LCD computer screen acts as an odometer and has a sharp panel display that shows time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- COMFORTABLE PADDED SEAT - The equipment has an ergonomically designed saddle furnished with comfortable high-density foam. It features contoured foam-covered handles for extra support of the back and arms to help maintain proper form when exercising.
- COUNTERBALANCED PEDALS - Weighted pedals designed to provide maximal foot support while offering ultimate control. This bike is equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your feet.
- Solid x-frame design folds to just 16.75" x 18" of floor space when not in use
- Large anatomically designed seat and multi-grip padded handlebars are designed for long lasting comfort and support
- 2" x 1" LCD window is easy to read with all the necessary information - clearly displays speed, distance, time, calories, and pulse
- 8 levels of manual resistance are easily controlled through the large Dial tension knob for users of all fitness levels
- 3-piece pedal crank for added durability
- DUAL-ACTION EXTENDED HANDLEBARS for upper and lower body engagement
- EASY TO ADJUST RESISTANCE LEVELS and workout intensity with the turn of a knob
- HIGH MOMENTUM FAN WHEEL SYSTEM offers a fluid workout
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT and UPDATED cushion for better comfort. Care and cleaning: Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- STURDY STEEL "H" FRAME DESIGN engineered for stability and peace of mind
- Bluetooth connectivity, syncs with the Schwinn Trainer App and other apps for fitness tracking
- Sync with free downloadable RideSocial App and see the world as you virtually ride alongside friends in real time
- 29 programs: 12 profile, 9 heart rate control, 4 custom, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start
- 25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- High speed, high inertia drive system with a perimeter weighted flywheel for easy start up and smooth, consistent workouts
- Indoor cycling bike with 40-pound flywheel
- Heavy-duty crank and smooth chain drive mechanism
- Fully adjustable seat and handlebars for comfort
- Seat dimensions( inches) : 10.25L x 6.5W x 2.5H. Adjustable resistance systems; transport wheels
- Supports up to 275 pounds; measures 20 x 46.5 x 48.5 inches (W x H x D)
- Easy to reach adjustable handle for easy seat adjustment. Integrated Pulse sensors for accurate heart RATE readings
- Large seat and back cushion. Extended weight capacity: max. User weight 300lbs
- Self leveling pedals with strap. Exercise digital displays: Scan, time, speed, distance, calories, and odometer
- Adjustable inseam height max 33.9 in/min 26 in
- Adjustable 8-level magnetic tension control System. Built in transportation wheels for easy portability
- Sliding Desktop: large fully adjustable desktop with tilt, forward, back, up and down adjustability for sitting or standing positions. 3 angle adjustments (0, 16 and 33 degrees), 5 height adjustments 41" up to 45". Storage Drawer. Arm rest. LCD Computer
- Patented XBike Desk and Exercise Semi-Recumbent Bicycle. 2.5" Thick large AirSoft seat with extra comfort and adjustable to fit 5' 2" to 6' 3" user height
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs. Semi-recumbent design for comfortable, effective workouts
- Folds up for storage. The bike can still fold up when fully assembled, with a foot print of 21.3" L x 25.5" W
- An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more difficult workout. The actual work surface is 24 inches (W) x 16 inches (H) and it can hold objects up to 44 pounds
- Recumbent stationary bike offers challenging cardiovascular workout while minimizing stress on your joints and back. Adjustable height
- Eight-level Magnetic Tension Control System allows you to customize your ride and challenge yourself over time
- Large, easy-to-read LCD display indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, and heart rate information
- Measures 22 by 34 by 54 inches (W x H x D) with 63-pound weight and 300-pound maximum user weight
- Includes limited one-year manufacturer's warranty
- Up to 250 lbs user weight capacity. Chain Driven to simulate road bike exercise
- Heart Pulse sensors will enable you to stay within your personal heart rate zone. LCD computer with readouts of calories burned, distance, time, speed, pulse and scan
- 4 way seat adjustment. The cushioned ergonomic seat will adjust forward/backward and up/down
- Easy Dial tension adjustment for a more progressive and challenging workout. Top down emergency brake
- Cast iron inertia Driven flywheel with a chrome rim weighs 22 lbs and is smooth and consistent when pedaling
Last update on 2018-12-11 / Amazon Affiliate Disclosure