Yoga Videos, & Articles That Will Help You Lose Weight & Feel Great!
Are You sick and tired of living with poor flexibility, poor posture, back problems, aching joints, being overweight and feeling stressed out? Have you tried Yoga?
Thinking about trying Yoga, but don’t know how to start?
I recently started Yoga to help strengthen my lower back (back issues), improve my strength & flexibility and to lose a little weight. Before starting Yoga, I kept putting it off because I was so overwhelmed at all the different poses and styles.
I created this site to help other people get the awesome health benefits of yoga with some tips on how to get started.
I highly recommend “Couch to Confident” Yoga Series. Julia is awesome at showing you different versions of yoga poses in case you can’t do the pose fully yet.
After doing a session see how you feel. Did you like yoga, instructor? If you did, great, if not, move on to another video. Personally, I watched 3-4 videos before I found a routine I really liked.
This was the key for me. To find a routine that made me feel better after I was done. You will find that you may enjoy a certain sequence of yoga poses vs. another.
Many people perceive yoga as merely “stretching” but it is a lot more sophisticated than that. A well-balanced yoga session not only helps to increase your flexibility, but it also builds strength in muscles and ligaments that support your joints, improves your sense of balance, strengthens your core, and has a positive impact on your mental health. Learn more about the Yoga, Diet & Weight Loss Connection
YouTube is an awesome resource for anyone looking to start Yoga. Check out our list of the Top 10 Yoga Channels on YouTube.
There can be some confusion when you begin a yoga practice. So many questions may enter your mind when you have the intention of wanting to go to a yoga class, but not sure exactly how to begin. We thought it would be a good idea to answer some frequently asked questions regarding starting a yoga practice.
Beginner Yoga Video
Here is a short yoga video that is very short and the yoga poses are geared toward real beginners.
Not only will Yoga help you lose weight but there are so many other health benefits from practicing Yoga.
If you are completely new to Yoga I recommend checking out our page on the best Yoga DVD’s for Beginners. A Yoga DVD is a great way to try out Yoga in the comfort of your own home.
Why Should I try Yoga? Will Yoga Help Me Lose Weight?
Yoga is any method by which such awareness and tranquility are attained, a course of related exercises and postures designed to promote physical and spiritual well being.
Ultimately, the practice of Yoga is meant to connect the body, breath, and mind to create balance and energy. It includes physical postures, breathing exercises, and meditation to improve overall health and well-being. Recent medical reviews clearly show the health benefits associated with practicing Yoga.
Approximately 5 million people in the United States alone practice some type of yoga, whether it be in the form of dance, stretching exercise or even martial arts classes which usually have postures and poses that come originate from yoga.
There are many types of yoga, including; Integral, Bhakti, Ananda, Hatha and many more
Why Should I Practice Yoga?
A quick list of yoga benefits:
- It is known to increase flexibility with postures that trigger the different joints of the body that are not normally affected in most regular exercises routines.
- It can improve the function and lubrication of joints, ligaments, and tendons, helping to alleviate pain and increase flexibility.
- Yoga is perhaps the only exercise that can be beneficial to your internal organs which hardly ever get externally stimulated during other forms of exercise. This stimulation and massage of the organs can even help prevent disease.
- Yoga increases circulation and offers complete detoxification of the body. As it gently stretches the muscles, joints as well as well as massaging the various organs of the body it is ensuring
optimum blood supply and good health.
5 Tips for Getting Started with Yoga
- Use the Internet to do Research – Go to YouTube and Watch Yoga Videos. Learn about all the different styles of Yoga.
- You don’t need a bunch of expensive equipment to start doing Yoga. Some comfy clothes and a Yoga mat are all you need.
- Variety is key. There are many different types of Yoga. You may love one style and not like another. Try a couple different types of Yoga before you decide if yoga is right for you.
- Keep it Simple. Don’t compare yourself to others and get down. Start simple and enjoy learning.
- Take a Class. Classes can be scary and overwhelming. Especially, if you see others who are really flexible and experienced. Bring a friend so you have someone by your side. Also, let the teacher know you are new and that it’s ok to do hand adjustments on you.
Quick List Links for Top Yoga Products
There are so many different types of Yoga so if you try one and don’t like it you can try another.
Here is a short video going over 4 popular styles (Power, Vinyasa, Hatha & Restorative)
So what are you waiting for?
Why not start taking part in this age-old practice and enjoy the benefits for yourself. There’s no better day than today!
Feel Younger, Look Better & Live Stress-Free Through Yoga! The Shape Shifter Yoga Program is a science-based yoga program designed to help you transform your body and your life! Discover how you can use yoga to look better, feel better live a life with less stress!