Thinking about trying Yoga, but don’t know what poses are best for beginners? Our site is made to help yoga beginners learn the benefits of Yoga and how it can help you feel great. See great Video Yoga workouts for beginners and get tips on how to start yoga, eat healthily and lose weight.
Yoga is any method by which such awareness and tranquility are attained, a course of related exercises and postures designed to promote physical and spiritual well being.
Ultimately, the practice of Yoga is meant to connect body, breath, and mind to create balance and energy. It includes physical postures, breathing exercises, and meditation to improve overall health and well-being.
Approximately 5 million people in the United States alone practice some type of yoga, whether it be in the form of dance, stretching exercise or even martial arts classes which usually have postures and poses that come originate from yoga.
There are many types of yoga, including; Integral, Bhakti, Ananda, Hatha and many more
I’m Interested in Yoga, but where do I start?
5 Tips for Getting Started with Yoga
- Use the Internet to do Research – Go to YouTube and Watch Yoga Videos. Learn about all the different styles of Yoga.
- You don’t need a bunch of expensive equipment to start doing Yoga. Some comfy clothes and a Yoga mat are all you need.
- Variety is key. There are many different types of Yoga. You may love one style and not like another. Try a couple different types of Yoga before you decide if yoga is right for you.
- Keep it Simple. Don’t compare yourself to others and get down. Start simple and enjoy learning.
- Take a Class. Classes can be scary and overwhelming. Especially, if you see others who are really flexible and experienced. Bring a friend so you have someone by your side. Also, let the teacher know you are new and that it’s ok to do hand adjustments on you.
Quick List Links
Why Should I Practice Yoga?
A quick list of yoga benefits:
- It is known to increase flexibility with postures that trigger the different joints of the body that are not normally affected in most regular exercises routines.
- It can improve the function and lubrication of joints, ligaments and tendons, helping to alleviate pain and increase flexibility.
- Yoga is perhaps the only exercise that can be beneficial to your internal organs which hardly ever get externally stimulated during other forms of exercise. This stimulation and massage of the organs can even help prevent disease.
- Yoga increases circulation and offers a complete detoxification of the body. As it gently stretches the muscles, joints as well as well as massaging the various organs of the body it is ensuring
optimum blood supply and good health.
There are so many different types of Yoga so if you try one and don’t like it you can try another.
Here is a short video going over 4 popular styles (Power, Vinyasa, Hatha & Restorative)
So what are you waiting for?
Why not start taking part in this age-old practice and enjoy the benefits for yourself. There’s no better day than today!