Yoga Videos & Articles Aimed at Helping You Feel Great & Lose Weight
Are You sick and tired of living with poor flexibility, poor posture, back problems, aching joints, being overweight and feeling stressed out?
Thinking about trying Yoga to help you lose weight and feel better, but don’t know how to start?
I recently started Yoga to help strengthen my lower back (back issues) and to lose a little weight. Before starting Yoga recently, I kept putting it off because I was so overwhelmed at all the different poses and styles. Plus, some teachers say their videos are for beginners and they are not! 🙂
I recommend starting with a 10-15 min. yoga workout. Watch a video either on YouTube or Amazon Prime (they have many great free yoga classes) and listen to your body. Don’t overdo it and injure yourself.
After doing a session see how you feel. Did you like yoga, instructor? If you did, great, if not, move on to another video. Personally, I watched 3-4 videos before I found a routine I really liked.
Here is a short video that is very short and the poses are geared toward real beginners.
Not only will Yoga help you lose weight but there are so many other health benefits from practicing Yoga.
Our site was created to help yoga beginners learn the benefits of Yoga such as losing weight, increasing strength, & increasing your balance.
If you are completely new to Yoga I recommend checking out our page on the best Yoga DVD’s for Beginners. A Yoga DVD is a great way to try out Yoga in the comfort of your own home.
“I was looking for someone to inspire me, motivate me, support me, keep me focused… Someone who would love me, cherish me, make me happy, and I realized all along that I was looking for myself.”
Some Quick Links to get you started on your Yoga journey
Feel Younger, Look Better & Live Stress-Free Through Yoga! The Shape Shifter Yoga Program is a science-based yoga program designed to help you transform your body and your life! Discover how you can use yoga to look better, feel better live a life with less stress!
Why Should I try Yoga? Will Yoga Help Me Lose Weight?
Yoga is any method by which such awareness and tranquility are attained, a course of related exercises and postures designed to promote physical and spiritual well being.
Ultimately, the practice of Yoga is meant to connect the body, breath, and mind to create balance and energy. It includes physical postures, breathing exercises, and meditation to improve overall health and well-being. Recent medical reviews clearly show the health benefits associated with practicing Yoga.
Approximately 5 million people in the United States alone practice some type of yoga, whether it be in the form of dance, stretching exercise or even martial arts classes which usually have postures and poses that come originate from yoga.
There are many types of yoga, including; Integral, Bhakti, Ananda, Hatha and many more
Why Should I Practice Yoga?
A quick list of yoga benefits:
- It is known to increase flexibility with postures that trigger the different joints of the body that are not normally affected in most regular exercises routines.
- It can improve the function and lubrication of joints, ligaments, and tendons, helping to alleviate pain and increase flexibility.
- Yoga is perhaps the only exercise that can be beneficial to your internal organs which hardly ever get externally stimulated during other forms of exercise. This stimulation and massage of the organs can even help prevent disease.
- Yoga increases circulation and offers a complete detoxification of the body. As it gently stretches the muscles, joints as well as well as massaging the various organs of the body it is ensuring
optimum blood supply and good health.
5 Tips for Getting Started with Yoga
- Use the Internet to do Research – Go to YouTube and Watch Yoga Videos. Learn about all the different styles of Yoga.
- You don’t need a bunch of expensive equipment to start doing Yoga. Some comfy clothes and a Yoga mat are all you need.
- Variety is key. There are many different types of Yoga. You may love one style and not like another. Try a couple different types of Yoga before you decide if yoga is right for you.
- Keep it Simple. Don’t compare yourself to others and get down. Start simple and enjoy learning.
- Take a Class. Classes can be scary and overwhelming. Especially, if you see others who are really flexible and experienced. Bring a friend so you have someone by your side. Also, let the teacher know you are new and that it’s ok to do hand adjustments on you.
Quick List Links for Top Yoga Products
There are so many different types of Yoga so if you try one and don’t like it you can try another.
Here is a short video going over 4 popular styles (Power, Vinyasa, Hatha & Restorative)
So what are you waiting for?
Why not start taking part in this age-old practice and enjoy the benefits for yourself. There’s no better day than today!